Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Moving on, Letting go...


So much has changed since I started this blog. My focus, my dreams, my life. Most have been changes for the good, although our life is far from perfect.

I no longer fear for my or my child's safety on a daily basis. The violent rages are mostly gone, and when they return for a brief reunion, they are a shadow of what we had before. Not that it isn't scary to have your 7 year old child attack you and try to inflict as much damage as possible, but it is not as much of a nightmare as it was before.

I know a lot of the reasons why my child is the way he is. I am still searching and learning, because I think there may be more there than just BiPolar, which is common. I have found other people who actually understand what life with a child like this is like. I have been able to get him medication to make life more managable, though I feel like we have not gotten things as under control as we can.

We, as a family are no longer homeless. We always had a roof over our heads, but now we have our own (small) apartment, and we are not likely to need to go to a shelter any time soon. We have our first real pets. In the past we had a couple fish, 3 mice, and a hamster at different times. Now we have two adorable kittens that have brought a lot of joy and laughter to our home.

I am trying to start a business, and it may even be a success, if I can ever get over the first hurdle of launching.

I think we are going to make it. We are not where we should be yet, but we are on the way.

No comments: